Welcome to MAY. Here she is in all her spring glory!
As promised, here's the monthly dose of what I'm digging:
1. Mucuna Pruriens by Sun Potion - I've been super into using adaptogenic herbs in my bulletproof coffee (as you know from my Instagram stories, it's a little overboard). I recently went to a chat with the founder of Sun Potion and was introduced to the bliss behind this particular one. They call this the dopamine bean. It's touted with enhancing brain function, elevating mood and refining the senses. I can say with 100% certainty that this has made a noticeable shift in my happiness factor lately. We can all get down with that, ammiright?
2. Almost 30 Podcast - this is a super fun, educational, and at times hilarious take on the wellness world. Hosted by Lindsey Simcik (actress + soulcycle instructor) and Krista Williams (of Hundred Blog). Blast this with the windows open, fresh morning air pouring in, and a strong cup o' caffeine in hand and all is right with the world. Trust me on this one.
3. Ayurveda Cooking- ayurveda is the sister science to yoga. It focuses on balance in the body through nutrition, herbal treatment and breathe work. I recently attended a cooking class with the adorable Julie Breiner (of True Ayurveda) and re-ignited my interest in nurturing the body in this way. I also have recently picked up the cookbook Everyday Ayruveda to give me a few extra tools in the toolbox.
4. Free + Native Blog - the power of manifestation is REAL. Check out the wealth of Lacy Phillips goodness on her website. She speaks truths that hit all the heart buttons for me. While manifesting can seem airy and perhaps unattainable, it is a very real skill to cultivate abundance in your life. Give it a go.
5. Canyon Coffee - I'm a self professed coffee snob and surely your average truck stop coffee pot won't do the trick for me. To be fair, neither does Starbucks. I'm into small batch production made with care. Alas, Canyon Coffee. This has recently jumped onto the LA coffee scene in full force and I'm not-so-secretly (very) into it.