November is my favorite month. The temperatures start to drop in LA, cozy food and drinks hit the tables and I embark on another trip around the sun. Hi fellow Sagittarius'! You're my people.
I casually mentioned to my grandmother that this year I'm feeling particularly old. Every year up until now, I've felt like I should be turning older than I actually was. Now this year suddenly I feel like I should be younger. I've started to notice slight lines on my eyes (oh helllllo) and my looming "thirties" feels all too close and suddenly I'm behind in life. Her advice was to "pray for more lines, and honor them" and "shed any sense of what life (or self) is supposed to look like. That the shackles on the psyche are useless". I mean, PREACH. She's my Buddha.
Here's what I'm digging for November!
1. On Our Moon: Super into the conversations that are taking place on this site! It honors what we go through as women and let's us know that we're not alone. So rad. I'm constantly in awe of the growing women's community and the support we have for one another. Yes, yes and more yes.
3. THIS podcast by Rich Roll with Dan Buettner. Dan has studied "Blue Zones" where people are living the longest (and healthiest) in the world, but he has now shifted his research to the happiest places. He's talking about the lifestyle and practices that get you there. Hint, hint... follow your bliss, not your material desires. Mic drop.
3. Check out THIS airstream in Joshua Tree. It looks so cozy and perfect for these cooler nights. Who wants to join?! I'm already packing up the hot beverages and s'more ingredients.
4. Free + Native ReParenting Workshop: If you've been following me for a while you know that I love all that Lacy is doing. I had the pleasure of going to one of her workshops at Ra Ma this past month and have since dove deep in her latest unblocking workshop (ReParent). It's eye opening to say the least. Highly recommend if you're feeling like you need to clear some shit out of your life so that you can move forward. That's where you're going after all...
5. EMK Ceramics: I've been swooning over these lately, and though I haven't yet purchased them I plan to pick some up at the Mercado Segardo this weekend! My morning health-nut fuel is about to be taken to a whole new level. I apologize for all the insta-stories already.