Welcome October, I'm super into you.
I've found my feet back on LA soil after one and a half months of travel and damn, it feels good to be home. I've known that LA had a special place in my heart, but didn't feel it's gravity until I came back. And as much as I didn't want the adventure to end, coming home to this incredible community has given me a new-found love and even greater appreciation for where I am in my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you.
Here are a couple things I'm digging for October...
(links in everything bolded)
1. Shilajit: I had been hearing about shilajit for some time now but hadn't really given it a go before. But after my acupuncturist casually mentioned it as "life changing" I knew I had to dig in. I've only been taking it for a couple of days (a couple times a day) and I've already noticed a difference. It tastes a bit like tar (convincing, I know) but I can genuinely feel all the minerals soaking into my body. About ten minutes later I feel awake and grounded. You can read about the many benefits of shilajit here.
2. The Mind Body Green Podcast: I consume podcasts like most people consume television. It's such an amazing thing to be able to plug into all so many different worlds of knowledge. I've recently been digging the MBG podcast and thought I'd clue you all into it. I'm sure you're familiar with their website, but sometimes I find that the articles are a bit watered down. On the podcast though, the host (and founder) goes direct to the source. He interviews multiple inspirational people in the wellness space and breaks down their road to success and where they see the space moving. I can always get down with that.
3. Caravan Outpost: Even though I just got back, I'm always dreaming up my next adventure. And luckily this one doesn't require a big leap of faith and lots o' cash money money. This cool airstream hotel was setup in Ojai (a quick drive outside of LA) and I've been dying to check it out. I mean, come on... flannel shirts, a campfire, a pumpkin spice tonic and cozying up to check out the stars at night - what screams October more than that?!
4. Sarah Blondin Meditations: If you've never heard her beautiful voice and poetic meditations do yourself a favor and check them out, immediately. For the days when I need a tender reminder to bring myself back to center, I wake up with Sarah's meditations and am transformed into a sobering head space. Her voice is soothing, her words are grounding, and her meditations are nothing short of inspiring.
5. THIS face serum: I recently made the transition to all oil based products on my face and I've definitely noticed a difference. My face feels hydrated without weighed down, and it's definitely not oily even though I'm putting oils on my face. Quite the opposite in fact. It's balanced out the oil that I generally have. We'll see how it goes in the transition to colder months, but for now I'm super into it.