You don't have to know me well to know that my morning smoothie is ALWAYS a thing. And while I'm forever into getting greens in the morning, I have recently been digging a change of taste-bud scenery in favor of some overnight oats. I make a batch on Sunday night and it lasts throughout the week! It's super simple, delicious and I make sure it's nutritious (duh). Plain oats for me simply isn't enough. I need my protein and superfoods because... "we fancy" here at Mind Right.
The below recipe serves one. Feel free to double, triple or quadruple it. I tend to make separate little containers each with one serving to avoid over-doing it some mornings.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (gluten free)
- 3/4 cup nut milk (homemade almond milk is my jam)
- 1/2 serving protein powder (I use vanilla beaming protein)
- 1 tbps chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- stevia to taste
- toppings (I add these on in the morning before eating):
- hemp seeds
- jem organics cashew cardamon nut butter (if you reaaaaally want to get fancy)
- Combine ingredients in a small jar or tupperware
- Stir and shake - make sure it's fully mixed
- Store in the refrigerator overnight
- Top. Eat. Enjoy!