In the spirit of Halloween, I thought I'd share the unicorn fuel recipe. I've been drinking this regularly and let me just say... unicorn is a very appropriate and important detail in this title. You'll understand once you give it a whirl.
I've been a fan of bulletproof coffee for quite some time now, but I was ready for something more. Just like any relationship, it needed to grow or die. Luckily for us, it grew to up the health game.
If you've been around me in the recent moments you know that potions are "kinda my thing". I've been all about combining different herbs together for the ultimate body-loving tonic. The medicinal properties of plants are not something to be taken lightly. It's incredible what ailments you can cure through them with the right knowledge and combination. Food is medicine friends, don't forget!
Not to mention you can feel the horn growing out of your forehead immediately. If that's not magic, I don't know what is.
- 2 cups organic coffee (I use a french press)
- you can also use chai tea, warm milk or any other base of choice if you're one of those strange humans who doesn't drink coffee
- 1 tbps ghee or coconut butter
- fat is back, people!
- 1 tbsp MCT oil (or coconut oil if you don't have some handy - which you should)
- fat helps your body absorb these killer ingredients into your system rather than sending you into a jittery craze
- 1 tsp cacao
- a little chocolate in the morning never hurt anyone, plus it's a huge source of antioxidants and iron
- 1 tsp maca
- great for sexual function, skin, and mood balance
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- a touch of sweetness without the sugar
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- powerful medicine properties and anti-inflammatory
- pinch of cayenne
- sounds strange, but you don't notice it and it gets the inner fire moving to rev up your metabolism first thing in the morning
- (optional: liquid stevia)
Please note, I did not coin the term "unicorn fuel", I adopted it off the interwebs from "the paleo chef". It was too good to let it go. Everyone needs a little unicorn in their life.