As I delve deeper into the wellness world, I find myself running into familiar names. I'll find something on Pinterest, then Instagram, then Twitter... and realize they are all by the same person. There are a few people I've come across on nearly every social media outlet and find myself going (OMG, you're rad. Let's be friends). They are my wellness inspiration stations, if you will.
After an insightful conversation over some morning (butter) coffee with Meredith Baird (also one of those people), I started noticing that Nutrition Stipped was everywhere I was. I had already logged numerous recipes in the archives, photos on my pinterest, and inspirations in my blog posts... not realizing they were all from the same source. If you haven't picked up what I'm putting down, I'm telling you to check it out! Nutrition Stripped is full of wellness inspiration - recipes, travel, fitness... and avocado shirts for sale. Need I say more? Sign me (you) up.
I've recently been swooning on their Mint Chocolate Chip Green Smoothie. She's a beauty. Packed with wholesome, tummy-yummy nutrients to keep your health in check and your sugar cravings at bay.
- 2 heaping cups organic spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or of choice)
- 1 cup filtered water (to desired thickness)
- ½ avocado
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder of choice (I used Isagenix)
- ¼ cup fresh mint OR 1 drop of mint extract to desired taste
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Stevia to taste (for sweetness)
- Ice (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a trusty blender (Vitamix is the way to go if your budget allows) and blend that baby up. I like to start without the ice, and add it in as needed. There is a sweet spot between not too watery and just thick (and cold) enough. Practice makes perfect, my friends. Pour into a glass (or mason jar if you're hanging with me) and sip, sip, sip away.
Buh bye sweet tooth. Hello healthy.